We are asked by healthcare professionals about where and how to start. We put together this article based off our recommendations. Most healthcare marketers jump directly into individual projects and do not spend the time to put together a viable marketing strategy. This means there are no goals for the projects as they are completed. Below are the steps you must take to start and run any marketing project.
Define your market
Who are you trying to provide services or products to? What is the age group? Try to put together customer profiles using our guide here. Once we have our targets we can move on.
Create a plan
This is often overlooked by clients and firms that just want to jump right into the work. I love their enthusiasm but without a plan its hard to gauge success. What, where and how are you going to promote your business.
- Direct Mail
- Local Events
- Social Media
- Local News
Make a budget
How much do you want to spend on creative, print, booth space, etc… This comes in handy when sending our proposal requests and meeting with different agencies. If you have a smaller budget you may have to cut back in certain areas to meet your financial goals.
Pick the right agency
This is extremely important because you want to pick an agency that has the technical skills required and knows enough about your business/field to give good recommendations. Share all of your ideas with the agency and lead them in the direction you wish your ad campaign to follow.
Build your advertising and brand materials
- Logo – Have a logo that is easily recognizable and works both digitally and in print.
- Website – Make a healthcare website that works for you. Just having a website is a great step but what is its job? Below is a list of areas every healthcare website needs.
- HIPPA compliant forms – Make sure your patients information is safe and secure. This goes farther than having a secure login area, there are other requirements that must be met in order to be compliant.
- Contact information in header – Your business should be easy to contact. By being accessible more patients will be able to contact you.
- Google Map – This not only shows where your business is but can be used by mobile devices for directions.
- Brochures – Brochures/Handouts are great tools for individual topics. Some customers may not want to go online to find out about a specific topic. A good rule of thumb is if you are trying to promote it, make the information about that topic as easy to find as possible.
- Social Media – Post regularly to your social media channels to not only find new viewers but also help with SEO since Social Media is such a huge part of your online ranking.
No advertising works if your physicians, employees and patients don’t know about it. By using things like social media we can get our message out to our audience in cost effective ways AND channels they actually use.
Here at Inbound this is the most important part. If you are not measuring your progress how can you expect to see success.
- Call Numbers
- Websites Views
- Patient Flow
- Brand Awareness
- 6 Month Awareness
Focus on helping and fixing problems
- Be Positive
Contact us today to start building your advertising strategy with Inbound Monster.